KTA is a registered law firm regulated by Uganda’s law council. We are affiliated with Uganda Law Sociey and East Africa Law Society.
All information will be held and used in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Act 2011 (the “Act”).
- What information will KTA collect about me?
When you visit our site (on a mobile device, tablet or desktop), you may provide us with information personal to you, such as your name, your address, your email address, your mobile phone number and your date of birth (your “Information”). You may provide additional “Information” if you wish.
You may provide us with “Information” in a number of ways:
- By inputting your credit or debit card details or mobile money account – but only in order to complete a transaction;
- By corresponding with our Customer Experience team by email, live chat, in writing, on social media or telephone, in which case we may retain the content of your emails, letters or conversations together with your title, name, email address, the social media username that you’re using, telephone number and our responses. You may provide us with additional “Information” if you wish;
- We also collect information about your device, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, the geographical location of your device, the pages on our site that you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregated and it does not identify you as an individual. We do this to help improve your experience on our site.
- What is our cookies policy?
What are cookies?
What information is collected and how do we use it?
Two different types of cookie are used on our site : Strictly Necessary Cookies and Performance Cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential for you to use our site . They’ll only be stored for the duration of your visit. Without them, you may not be able to move around certain parts our site or use some of its features.
We use these cookies to:
- Allow your device to be recognized so that any page changes, items or data selections are remembered on your visit; and
- Detect software on your device which enables certain content on our site.
Performance Cookies aren’t essential but they provide us with useful anonymous information about how our customers use our site . Without them, it would be difficult for us to understand how our site is performing and we may miss out on the opportunity to make improvements that could make your user experience better. We use these cookies to:
- Obtain statistics about how our site is used (including which pages are visited most often and how users came to visit our site );
- Evaluate our site performance; and
- Help us make sure that the content and features on our site are relevant for your future visits.
The cookies on our site only collect anonymized information and these cookies cannot be used to identify you as an individual. We may use these cookies to target you with online advertising.
How to reject, delete or accept cookies
If you use our site , it means you agree with our collecting cookies. You can set your web browser to allow, switch off or delete cookies on ours and other websites. In a few cases, switching off or deleting cookies might reduce the functionality of or stop you accessing certain websites (including our site).
We use a number of social media tools and external applications to enhance your interaction with our site . For example, we sometimes embed videos from Facebook or YouTube on our site . As a result, you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. We do not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third party websites for more information about the cookies they use.
- How will KTA use my “Information”?
We’ll take good care of any “Information” that you give us and we’ll use it in the following ways:
- to contact you with information about KTA products, services, news and special offers, if you’ve given your consent when you registered with us;
- to make sure you get the best experience from our site and depending on what computer or device that you’re using;
- to notify you about changes to any of our services.
- Do you share my “Information” with anyone else?
We treat your “Information” with the care and respect that we would our own. It is stored safely and securely. There are occasions when we might have to transfer “Information” to third parties.
We may also share such details with auditors or legal professionals to obtain professional advice. If we do this, your statutory data protection rights will be preserved.
You should be aware that if we’re requested by the police, a regulatory or government authority in the investigation of suspected illegal activities to provide your “Information”, then we are entitled do so.
Occasionally, we’ll ask to share your “Information” with third parties for marketing purposes. We’ll only do this when we have your explicit consent to do so (for example, when you enter a competition on our site we’ll ask you to tick a box to consent). If you don’t give your consent, it won’t prejudice your chances in any competitions.
- What security measures are in place to protect my “Information”?
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take steps to protect your information, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. We have strict security procedures and features to prevent unauthorized access once we have received your “Information”. We’ll continue to maintain and improve these security measures in line with legal and technological developments.
- How and where will KTA store my “Information”?
Where you’ve chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of our website, you’re responsible for keeping this password confidential. We recommend that you don’t share your password with anyone else. We recommend that your password is unique to your KTA account. We will not be liable for any unauthorized access or transactions entered into using your name and password where it has been shared with your permission or if you haven’t taken adequate steps to prevent it on either a desktop computer or another device. If you access our site using a public computer, we advise you not to store your password and to log out of any parts of our site . If you’re using a mobile phone or tablet to use our site, we advise that you have an appropriate passcode.
- Links, advertisers, third party sponsors & ad-servers
- How can I find out what “Information” KTA holds about me?
The “Act” gives you the right to access “Information” that is held about you. You can exercise your right to access this in accordance with the “Act”. To protect your privacy and security, we’ll take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing copies of any relevant materials. We’re entitled to charge a fee for this service. You can request access to your “Information” that we hold about you by:
Speaking to our Customer Experience team by telephoning +256-793-995082 (Monday-Friday 9:00 – 17:30)
Chatting to us using the live chat function on our website
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Messaging us on Facebook or Twitter (if you’re sending us your number or anything else personal to you then please only do this via a direct message).
- How long will KTA keep my information for?
We won’t keep your “Information” for longer than is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or than is required by law.
- The use of our site by under 18s
It’s important to us that children can enjoy our site in a responsible fashion. Therefore, children under the age of Eighteen (18) years old should have permission from a parent or guardian before providing “Information”. We encourage the supervision of children’s online activities. For example, parental control tools which are available online to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other “Information” online without parental permission. Your child’s privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding children’s “Information” collected online. Users of our site may participate in many activities without providing any “Information”. However, if you’d like to participate in certain interactive features on our site , we’ll ask you to provide us with certain information, such as your email address and age.
- How can I contact KTA ?