Ivan holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Law LLB (Hons) from Uganda Christian University and a Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre. Ivan also has a Post-Graduate Diploma in Tax and Revenue Administration from The East African School of Taxation (PODITRA). He also has a Post-graduate Certificate in Trade Facilitation from the Trade Policy Training Centre in Africa (TRAPCA), a world-class program under the auspices of Lund University and has received training in Public-Private Partnerships.
Ivan works with both the litigation and transaction advisory teams of the firm.
While at University, Ivan was the President of the Uganda Christian University Law Society (UCULS) and before that Speaker of the same. He was also a regular participant in moot competitions, something he carried onto the Law Development Centre (LDC) where he finished as a semi-finalist in the LDC moot competition.
Ivan has in the past been awarded the prestigious Lex:lead (Lawyers for Economic Advancement and Development) scholarship in 2015 for his outstanding essay on law and development. His scholarship award came from one of Africa’s premier law firms, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr. He has also won two other international essay competitions.
Ivan is also published and has had written for journals like, Africa Law Today, International Bar Association Foundation and the American Bar Association Year In Review (ABA YIR). The ABA YIR is a publication that presents a survey of important legal and political developments that have happened all over the world.
He specializes in Intellectual Property and Corporate and Commercial transactions and is deeply interested in litigation and especially arbitration.
Ivan is a former basketball player, an ardent sports lover, writer and reader.
- Trademark Law
- Copyright Law
- Patent law
- Securities Perfection
- Civil & Criminal Litigation
- LLB, Uganda Christian University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, LDC – Kampala
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Tax and Revenue Administration from The East African School of Taxation (PODITRA).
- Post-graduate Certificate in Trade Facilitation from the Trade Policy Training Centre in Africa (TRAPCA)
- Uganda Law Society
- East African Law Society
- Member Young Institute of Transnational Arbitration (ITA).
- Member Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA).
- Student Member Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
- Lex:Lead (Lawyers for Economic Advancement and Development) Ambassador.